Becoming a Member and Benefits of Membership
CSIL is one of Columbia Law School's largest student organizations. Through CSIL, students in the Columbia Law community gain access to prominent scholars and practitioners in the fields of international, foreign affairs, and national security law. CSIL organizes weekly events at which students may meet with scholars and practitioners or hear them speak on their field of expertise. CSIL also organizes intra-school programming focused on strengthening the CSIL community and assisting CSIL members in taking advantage of the international opportunities and education available at Columbia Law.
To become a member of CSIL, students must pay dues for the 2018-2019 year. Dues for one year are $20 per person. Dues for three years are $40 per person. Applications to the CSIL Executive Board and Committees are open only to CSIL members and will open in September.
Being a member of CSIL entitles students to:
- Early or enhanced access to speaker series events, faculty lunches, and networking events
- Priority RSVPs for firm lunches
- Participation in CSIL's peer mentorship program
- Participation in CSIL's language exchange programs
- Access to CSIL social events
- Access to the CSIL outline bank