Schedule & Deadlines:
- Tuesday, 9/12: Release of Application Materials
- Thursday, 9/14 at 6:30pm in JG 103: Jessup Information Session
- Friday, 9/15 at 12:00pm in Warren 107: International Law Moot Courts Panel
- Thursday, 9/21 at 11:59pm: Written Applications Due
- Monday-Wednesday, 9/25-9/27: Oral Auditions
- Monday, 10/2: Offers Extended
Jessup & Columbia
The Philip C. Jessup Moot Court is a public international law competition simulating a case before for the International Court of Justice (ICJ). Teams submit written memorials in January and give oral arguments at the regional and international levels in February and April, respectively. Rounds at the international level may be judged by sitting ICJ judges. This year's competition will involve international law as it pertains to the validity of interstate arbitral awards, the capture of a marine vessel, the breach of nuclear disarmament obligations, and the conduct of naval warfare.
The Columbia Jessup team is looking for three new members and will accept applications from 1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls, and LLM students who are not certified to practice in any jurisdiction. We hope to see you at our information sessions, and we look forward to reviewing your applications!
Anika & Phil